Monday 21 November 2011

Colour Board

A couple of weeks ago I went for a colour and style consultation to the lovely Melanie Geraghty who is a qualified CMB consultant. It was such a fun experience and I learnt a lot from it.

Being an avid fan of shows like What Not to Wear (both UK's Trinny & Susannah & USA's Stacey & Clinton), How Do I Look, Tim Gunn's Guide to Style, and all the rest I already had a good idea of the styles that suited me, but it was great to actually have a personal consultation.

Meanwhile the colour consultation was totally new and I now have my colour Bible to take shopping with me so that I'll always know what colours to opt for. The good thing is that most of the colours that suit me are colours that I like so I already had clothes in those colours which is a great start.

My colour palette is Deep, Warm and Clear and my dominant colouring is Deep and Strong.
"To achieve harmony and balance, you need to wear strong dark colours either together or in contrast. Avoid wearing pastel shades on their own."
I've got 42 different colours to combine and co-ordinate with each other in order to combine outfits that would make the most of my colouring; skin, hair colour, eye colour.

The below is a colour & style board of the kinds of clothes that would suit me. If you notice, there's no silver-coloured jewellery in there. Apparently yellow gold, copper, bronze and pewter are better suited to me. It's really quite detailed.

Colour Board



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog. I look forward to your comments - let me know what you think :)

FYI: Comments are moderated