Thursday 2 June 2011

Paul Turns 33

Last Monday was Paul's birthday so, because weekends tend to be favoured by people when it comes to celebrating, we had some friends over on Sunday afternoon. The door was open from 4:00 pm and only got closed at 11:00 pm! We're able to leave our front door open because we live in a complex that's street facing, however, we're not at street level so it's highly unlikely that a stranger is going to make their way into our house.

We prepared tuna dip, olive dip and bigilla dip (typical Maltese dish made with broad beans); there were also sandwiches on brown and white bread; paprika crisps and ready salted crisps and different flavoured crackers. 

Later on in the evening I brought out three types of chicken satay and chicken nuggets. And then there was the cake :) 

Paul opted to have a carrot cake so I baked the first one but it didn't rise very much, so I made another one and placed it on top of the first one. In that way it was high enough to have a 2-layered filling. Bottom filling was vanilla whilst the top filling was home-made Gozitan strawberry jam. I coated the entire cake in vanilla icing and added milk chocolate and white chocolate sprinkles. I must say, it was very tasty indeed. And here you can see what it looked like. There are six candle on the cake because they're grouped into 3 + 3 = 33 ;)



5 comments:

  1. Anonymous14:34

    Man that looks good! And i don't even like carrot cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww I missed THAT :P

    So sorry I missed it yet again.. can Paul turn 33 again next time we see him? hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, there'll be plenty more cakes to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous08:44

    mmmmmmm want heyhe

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog. I look forward to your comments - let me know what you think :)

FYI: Comments are moderated