Tuesday 17 June 2008

All aboard

I spent yesterday evening at a dinner party on an Italian military vessel surrounded by many many men in white uniforms... Mmmm ;)

Nicole invited me along because she knew one of them and he told her that she could bring some friends with her. It ended up being just us two but it was still really fun. It was a new experience because I had never been on a ship like that before and we got a tour of the place seeing the artillery on board and all the switches and gadgets in the control room - very interesting :)

There was a lovely buffet and an even lovlier dessert buffet *sigh*. I was good and limited myself to just two types of dessert - profiteroles and tiramisu :) I spoke mostly to the Italian crew but there were Turks, English, Dutch and Americans on board too because they are all working together on the same operation so after Malta they'll be heading towards France which is their last port of call. I spoke to the captain of the English ship for a little while and he told me that he was trying to figure out how he was going to get the boat away from the wall and out of the port, so I suggested that he get all his men to push! Hehehe. He started laughing and told me that I could captain the ship! *lol*

The party came to a close at about 23:00 so we left but not before we took photos inside the helicopter on board! When we arrived we took photos beside it, but we wanted to get inside it... so we did :)

Definitely a fun evening, and a very different one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog. I look forward to your comments - let me know what you think :)

FYI: Comments are moderated