Monday 10 September 2012

Fifty

So I got whirled into the world of 50 Shades. To be honest, I read a couple of pages and stopped because I was tired and then didn't pick it up for about 2 weeks. But that didn't last very long because I've now read both 50 Shades of Grey and 50 Shades Darker in one week and am already a quarter of the way through 50 Shades Freed.

I can understand why there was a craze about it because it really is a page-turner and you do want to know what's going to happen. Is it a Pulitzer prize winning novel? I doubt it, but then again, how many novels which are published actually are?

I think that people who diss books, films, music, anything that is an overnight success are either (a) supremely jealous or (b) don't understand pop culture. Pop, after all, stands for popular and if people aren't raving about something then it's clearly not popular. The two just go together.

So if you want an escapist, raunchy, fun read, then go for it. Get yourself a copy of this trilogy (I don't understand people who read only the first book!) and enjoy reading. It's probably time better spent than sitting in front of your computer screen scanning Facebook statuses, anyway.

allaboutg Copyright 2012

1 comment:

  1. It didn't take me long to get through all three books either. I am actually finding myself wishing there was more now lol. I've started reading other books since but they just seem blah now lol. I've heard there is another novelist that has something similar though, Novel called Bared to You. maybe i'll have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog. I look forward to your comments - let me know what you think :)

FYI: Comments are moderated