Sunday 22 April 2012

Let's Talk Hen Night Some More

So following my previous post about what I want/don't want for my hen's night, there's always going to be one basic ingredient to any successful hen night - alcohol!

So I did some Internet searching and found some pretty yummy-sounding cocktails which I thought I'd share.


Bride of Dracula 
(I don't know what made them come up with this name, but this drink sounds exquisite!)


  • 1/2 wine glass sparkling wine
  • 1 shot white rum
  • 1/2 shot creme de framboise
  • 1 wineglass raspberries
  • A squeeze of lemon
  • Ice

Directions: Pour out the ingredients into a blender and blend together. It can even be served without blending, although the cocktail tastes infinitely better with the latter.


Wild Sex 
(The name already helps ;)


  • 1 part Malibu® coconut rum
  • 1/2 part peach schnapps
  • 1/2 part Bacardi®  rum
  • 1 part orange juice
  • 1 part cranberry juice
  • 1 part pineapple juice
  • 1/2 part grenadine syrup

Directions: Fill a tall glass with ice, pour in Malibu, peach schnapps and Bacardi. Pour juices on top followed by a splash of grenadine. Use a shaker tin to cover the glass and give a couple of good shakes.


PS. I Love You 
(Because I like Cecilia Ahern's books, and she's Irish. And I'm marrying a half-Irish. There's a connection.)


  • 0.75 part dark rum
  • 1.25 part amaretto
  • 0.75 part kahlua
  • 1.25 part amarula cream
  • 1 part double cream

Directions: Shake all ingredients together with ice in a cocktail shaker. Fine strain into a chilled Martini glass. Garnish with sprinkles of flaked chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog. I look forward to your comments - let me know what you think :)

FYI: Comments are moderated