Friday 24 September 2010

Arthur Guinness Day


Yesterday we celebrated Arthur Guiness' Day at The Dubliner. This celebration first took place last year and because it was so successful they decided to keep going at it.

I can't really imagine a day that celebrate Guinness not being successful, can you?!

Arthur's Day explanation: "Established in 2009 during our 250-year anniversary, Arthur's Day is a series of events and celebrations taking place around the world to celebrate the life and legacy of Arthur Guinness and the much-loved Guinness® beer which Arthur brought to the world."

I personally don't drink the Black Stuff but a celebration is always welcome. Plus you get more big hats - St. Patrick's Day-style :)

A curious thing about this particular day is that last year it rained rather heavily and I know this because on that day P and I had a 'talk' in a bus stop in the rain. On Wednesday it also rained heavily, which marks an exact year (day-to-day) from the previous Arthur Guinness Day!

Random facts intrigue me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog. I look forward to your comments - let me know what you think :)

FYI: Comments are moderated