You’re a winner if you guess 3, 4 or 5 of the numbers drawn. If you guess 3 numbers the prize money is usually about €25 per winner; 4 numbers will give you around €260 whilst the top prize is nothing less than €120,000. Now, €120,000 would be very nice, but these are the odds to winning: 5 numbers - 1:850,668; 4 numbers – 1: 4,598; 3 numbers – 1: 128. Not exactly a walk in the park; although people have won quite regularly.
If I won the jackpot I would (in no particular order):
- buy a new car
- go on a shopping spree
- get laser hair removal
- pay off any debts (boring, but necessary)
- invest just so I can say that I invest in the stock market!
- buy an LED wide-screen TV and other gadgety things
- go on a great holiday – San Francisco? :)
- buy presents for the people I love
- get an interior decorator to do up the house, like Candice Olson of Divine Design because I love her tastes!
- donate some to a worthy cause – there has to be the altruistic aspect!
I have no idea for how long the money would last but it’s good to have a plan, no?!
What would you do if you won a few hundred thousand cold ones?