Thursday 14 May 2015

The Tough Times

There's so much that I can write, and yet cannot. There's a lot going on at the moment and sometimes I feel that I'm running on automatic just running from one appointment to the next and moving from one task to another.

One thing that I've noticed is how subjective 'tiredness' is. In years past I remember being tired, properly tired and yet now that I have a child, my level of tiredness is just so different. But neither is better or worse than the other because they both take their toll. 

Having said that I'm also amazed at how versatile and resilient the human body is. We adapt. Interrupted sleep, doing as much as possible within half an hour (and succeeding), carrying a few (increasing) kilos in your arms every single day... it just becomes second nature. And I live in the hope of the 'one day he'll sleep throughout the night; it's just a matter of time' idea. Until then I typically go to sleep at around 22:00 because I know that there's another long day waiting just past midnight.

But it's all worth it. Even on the super tough days - and there are many of those, or at least many moments within a day - it's worth it. And although there will be tough times ahead there will also be better times; times that will make the sacrifices, doubts and hard decisions all worthwhile. 


1 comment:

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog. I look forward to your comments - let me know what you think :)

FYI: Comments are moderated