Sunday 2 January 2011

Seeing in the New Year

I'll start by wishing you all a very Happy New Year. I hope that you ended 2010 in style and have welcomed 2011 with an open heart and open mind ready to accept anything that it may throw your way.

I've had to accept being ill. I had a good New Year's Eve and just about managed to get through New Year's Day lunch (albeit not finishing my salmon steak and eating even less of my lemon sorbet). By the time I got home though, I knew that I had to give in and rest so I cancelled tea which I was meant to host, got comfy under my quilt and spent a few hours on the sofa, in between bouts of dozing and coughing. 

Paul is being the best fiance ever though and is brewing tea and making me toast, and massaging my aching neck :)

I did manage to sleep throughout the night, even though I was plagued with the oddest and most detailed dreams. I reckon fever does that to you. Now it's another sofa day, with the footie playing on TV as I bang out these words on my laptop. This might be the perfect excuse to get a few more updates in...

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I feel your pain. I was sick before Christmas and just didn't have the energy to fully enjoy the holidays. We'll have to make up for it next year ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog. I look forward to your comments - let me know what you think :)

FYI: Comments are moderated