Thursday 27 May 2010

That song! It just won't go away!


Following yesterday's post about the song that I still really, really love, I came across this article today that explains why a song 'gets stuck' in your head.
You know, the incessant repetition of lyrics in your mind, very often just the chorus because those are the words that you know. Added to that it's sometimes a song that you're not particularly fond of, but it's just so darn catchy that you cannot help yourself. And it won't help either because it just won't stop spinning around in your brain. You've tried listening to other songs but that one just keeps buzzing back like a mosquito at night when you're trying to sleep.

According to the article this affects musicians more than non-musicians, so I guess I should thank my lucky stars there because the closest that I come to making music is... no, actually I just don't make music. It's not fair on others around me. It would be something that I'd like though. If I had to choose a talent I'd opt for singing, followed closely by drawing; however, since I can currently draw better than I can sing, singing comes in at No. 1.

What talent would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog. I look forward to your comments - let me know what you think :)

FYI: Comments are moderated