Monday 17 August 2009

Polaroids

I discovered this really fun site where you can turn your photos into Polaroids such as the ones below...


The first photo was taken in Heidelberg, Germany; the second one was taken in Mdina, Malta and the third one was taken at Alton Towers, UK.

When you 'polarize' them, it gives them the 'old-looking' effect and the white border which does crop the photo so you need to choose which photos you want to polarize as not all of them may be adequate.

I always carry my camera around with me so I'm constantly shooting something or other. Some I upload, others I leave on my PC and yet others I just delete. That's the beauty about digital - and also the downfall. Images have lost a lot of their lasting power because they're so easily deleted and forgotten. Yet digital is just so convenient and you can capture so many moments without worrying about running out of film, or thinking about the expense you're going to incur to develop all those photos. But if you're feeling nostalgic for old-time photos, just polarize them!

You can see the rest of the photos that I polarized and other photos that I took on my Flickr page. If they're not available please do let me know because it's probably a security setting which I will change.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing, I love polaroids and the idea of turning non-polaroids into polaroids makes is good news.

    here is another wonderful great website with a large collection of polaroid pictures of just about anything you can think of.

    Polanoid.net

    also, I like your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a whale of a time with it. Another good one is www.rollip.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog. I look forward to your comments - let me know what you think :)

FYI: Comments are moderated